Working Effectively With Indigenous Peoples® - eTraining
Are you looking for training to help you get beyond awareness in your work with Indigenous Peoples? What if you had a safe environment in which to ask questions and get the help you need?
This course is Indigenous Awareness and Indigenous Relations in a single course. Get beyond Indigenous Awareness to practical skills and tools that can be applied everywhere!
What are your key challenges?
- Understanding how history impacts Indigenous Peoples
- Understanding how current Indigenous issues impact Indigenous communities
- Understanding Indigenous self-government
- Understanding the constitutional, political and legal context of Indigenous issues
- Understanding how Indigenous and western world views impact decision-making
- Understanding how to cultivate Indigenous relationships
- Understanding business reasons for work with Indigenous Peoples
- How to begin to consult with Indigenous Peoples
- Fear of saying or doing the wrong thing
- How to manage risk when cultivating Indigenous relationships
Who should take this course?
- Those new to & those experienced in Indigenous relations
- Federal, provincial, regional, municipal government staff
- Consultants, human resources, service industry
- Resource, construction sectors
- Senior executives, managers and board members
- Health care practitioners, educators,
- Lawyers, justice, police, media, retail
"This training was exactly what I was looking for. It addressed my training needs from a human and workplace perspective. I am now equipped with many tools to ensure that I have effective, respectful and worthwhile interactions with Indigenous communities in the future." L. S. • Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- 30 day access
- Certificate of Completion
- (free) digital copy of ebook Working Effectively with Indigenous Peoples®, 4th edition
Working Effectively with Indigenous Peoples® training has been taken by thousands of individuals and organizations. This training delves into the history of Indigenous Peoples in Canada, the Crown-Indigenous relationship and how that was formed plus invaluable hints, tips, and suggestions on building respectful and effective relationships with Indigenous Peoples and communities. Here’s the agenda with a full description.
For more information about us and why we do what we do, please visit our website.